Unfortunately a few people have caused damage or noise distrubance to other guests - although we try to deal with this as best we can at the time of a compliant the better thing to do is to try and avoid these problems happening at all. The way some people have left their room is disgraceful.
At the Belmore Court & Motel we have invested £2.5 million in our new rooms and are looking at investing £150,000 in our standard rooms over the next 12 months. we need to ensure that we protect these rooms and avoid any disturbances to other guests.
In 2006 we introduced a credit card preauthorisation policy to help reduce these situations. Many other Hotels around the world have a similar policy. This involves;
- A credit or debit card number should be provided when booking the room. This card may be pre authorised for the first nights stay and/or and address check verified. A confirmation email or letter will be sent stating the booking details and terms and conditions.
- Our standard cancellation terms are 3pm - 2 days prior to the day of arrival. This means that if you have booked for a Friday night; There will be no cancellation fee if you cancel before 3pm on Wednesday. Any cancellation after this time or a non arrival would mean the first nite will be charged for and the booking released.
- On arrival a swipe of the credit/debit card is required to preauthorise and amount for the balance owing, plus £50 for any additional charges - telephone, breakfast, noise, damage, etc. At this stage nothing has been debitied from card but a hold has been placed for this amount. This may result in you being unable to access this amount for the 5-7 working days. it may also show on your statment.
- Only on checkout do we complete the credit/debit card for the final amount after discussing it with the card holder.
- For those people who do not have or use a credit/debit card we can accept a cash deposit for the same value which is returned on checkout.
We are committed to ensuring that our guests have a safe and enjoyable stay and that all guests should respect the rooms and are staff.
If you have any comments about the above it's would be great to hear them/